Wisconsin Child Sales Tax Rebate
Go to childtaxrebate.wi.gov on or after May 15 to apply.
The WI Child Tax Rebate is a $100 rebate for sales and use tax paid on purchases made for raising a dependent child in 2017.
Filing start date: May 15, 2018
Filing deadline: July 2, 2018
- Must have a qualified child
- A child may only be claimed by one individual
Qualified Child Eligibility
Child must be:
- Under age 18 on December 31, 2017
- A dependent* of the claimant for tax year 2017
- A Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017
- A United States citizen
What You Need to File Your Claim
- Your Social Security number and Wisconsin residency for tax year 2017
- Your qualified child’s Social Security number and date of birth
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
- If you are a nonresident or part-year resident that moved out of Wisconsin in 2017, you must submit receipts showing at least $100 of Wisconsin sales/use tax paid in 2017 for each child and proof each child was a Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017
In addition, sales of certain items are exempt during a five-day period in August 2018. The temporary exemption period, referred to as a sales tax holiday, will begin on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, and continue through Sunday, August 5, 2018.
During the sales tax holiday, the following items are not taxable:
- Clothing, if the sales price of any single item is $75 or less
- A computer purchased by a consumer for the consumer’s personal use, if the sales price of the computer is $750 or less
- School computer supplies purchased by the consumer for the consumer’s personal use, if the sales price of any single item is $250 or less
- School supplies, if the sales price of any single item is $75 or less
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call our office: 920-558-4683.